No pictures wer taken of the huge window coming out, or the new windows going in. It would have made a great blog post, however it would have been too long. It took most of an afternoon. I thought the old windw would be around 350lbs but it was more like 450 lbs. In order to make the window, measuring 10′ x 5′, fit into my trailer I had to chop it up.

I found that the sill was made of really good fir. I decided to trim off the bad parts and save what little I could.

 

 

A rotten window sill saved from the garbage pile is about to be trimmed down
A rotten window sill saved from the garbage pile is about to be trimmed down
clear fir lumber
The finished product, two boards of clear fir