Expanded Skills and Knowledge
- Reading maps, schematics and diagrams
- Creating maps, schematics, diagrams
- Writing Technical documents and instruction manuals
- Writing business letters, reports
- Writing descriptive essays and compact statements
- Proof-reading and checking technical documents for accuracy
- Public Speaking and communicating with public
- Training for groups and individual training
Examples of How I demonstrate Communication Skills
- Daily map updating for Census of Population 2016
- Modification of As-Built drawing in the petroleum industry
- Creation of user manual for 3D geological modelling software
- Quality checks on enumerators census forms
- Estimating renovation jobs and submitting to client for approval
- Discussion of desired project outcomes with potential client of home renovations
- Writing descriptions of business services for web clients
- Training enumerators for Census of Population 2016
- Billing and tracking costs for self-employment
Equipment Use/Maintenance Skills
- Carpentry power tool use and safety
- Automotive repair tools use and care
- Household electrical testing equipment use and interpretation
- Building structural identification and modification
- Household plumbing repairs and modifications
Examples of How I Demonstrate Equipment Use Skills
- Renovate customer’s bathrooms without assistance of sub-trades
- Maintain and repair all my personal vehicles
- Maintain and repair acreage yard equipment
- Installed all electrical components in new construction of personal home
- Jacking and temporary support of structures for modification to load-bearing walls.
- Checking home wiring and amp loads on circuits.
- Installing new mechanical system
- Installing new computer systems
- Installation of new computer applications
Examples of How I Demonstrate Installation Skills
- Installing new electrical panels in client’s homes
- Installing new bathroom fixtures in clients homes
- Installing new Linux/Windows operating system for employer
- Installing CMS on web server for clients
- Installing open-source applications on client websites.
- Installing tile heat system for clients home
- Managing finances
- Managing people resources
- Managing material resources
Examples of How I Demonstrate Management Skills
- Tracking and recording self-employment expenses for tax purposes
- allocating enumerators for efficient collection of census data
- tracking use of shop supplies for carpentry work
- tracking renewal dates and bandwidth usage of client websites
- Using Gantt charts for measuring distance to goals in Census of population 2016
- Working with 3D mathematical models
- Estimating numerical outcomes.
- Construction of mathematical models
Examples of How I Demonstrate Mathematics Skills
- Estimating total costs for renovation projects
- Use of calculus and trigonometry in mapping applications
- QA of data results from 3D geological modelling software
- Interpretation of geometry results in mapping software
- Creating Questionnaires to test hypothesis
- Analyzing people behaviors
- Observing and recording collected samples
Examples of How I Demonstrate Science Skills
- Observing and interpreting cutting samples off drilling rigs
- Analyzing collected user data from websites to enhance user experience
- Creating effective questionnaires to obtain valuable data for clients
- Tutoring Team members
- Promoting positive workplace
- Rewarding goal achievement
- Pairing workers based on personality types.
Examples of How I Demonstrate Social Skills
- Providing one-on-one training to improve team member job performance on Census of Population 2016
- Acknowledging employees working in difficult settings through safety support and teamwork
- Offer of most desirable work to best Enumerator as work achievement award.
- Pairing off team members in on-site consulting services for United Oil and Gas consulting team.
- Installing and configuring computer operating systems
- Operating system cleaning, optimizing and virus removal
- Modifications of websites layout and animated display
- Modification of excel worksheet through programming
Examples of How I Demonstrate Programming Skills
- Aquiring waypoints from environmental monitors and doing cross-referencing for overlap and uniqueness.
- Developing excel programs to do QA on input data for 3D Geological mapping software.
- programming scripts to modify output data from 3D Software model to suite custom requirements of clients.
- Developing a custom spreadsheet for Transcanada Ltd. to dynamically update as new data is added though batch processing by external data supplies
Thought Processing Skills
- Finding cost effective solutions for internet applications required for customers
- Creating an effective user manual and complimentary teaching aids to pair with complex computer software application
- Identifying an alternative approach to learning for trainees who are having difficulties.
Examples of How I Demonstrate Though Processing Skills
- Identifying the suitability for using a survey application for screening job applicants in a questionnaire style format.
- Developing screen capture videos to demonstrate “how-to” instructions in addition to a written manual for SMART3D Modelling Software
- Complimenting the written course material with a role-playing session for enumerators in training for Census of Population 2016